Thursday, September 19, 2019

I’m very happy this morning.

It was looking for awhile like I was losing listeners. I have a target number that I like to reach, 100, and I had been below that for quite a few weeks. Being the pessimist that I am inclined to be, that was a little disheartening.

A few episodes ago, I had a whopping 254 total listens, 126 the week before that, 171 the week before that. Listeners were catching up.

In the last 90 days, I have had about a third of all my listens. It’s kinda amazing.

I hit 100 for the most recent show in a week, it usually takes two. The numbers keep creeping up on past shows.

Filk is not a huge community, I was hoping for 25-50 on the first show. 274 people have listened to it.

I had someone tell me the other day that they bought music because they heard it on the show. That is what I wanted. I wanted to support the community that has been so good to me.

Thank you for the support. Thank you to everyone who has commented, left a review on iTunes (you can do that ya’know) and otherwise kept me going through this.

Thank you to the amazing Lizzie Crowe for laughing at me while I record. No one else will ever hear the outtakes. Trust me, it gets grim (in a wildly silly way)

Two more episodes of Pegasus Awards songs, then a New To Me This Year show … then the First Anniversary show. I’m coming up on a year. I really didn’t know if it was going to last. I didn’t know if I would do more than the first show. Instead, this seems to be working. Thank you so much for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Your Pegasus shows are incredibly useful!

    I'm biased, being married to one of the Best Writer category nominees, but for the rest of the categories, I just didn't have any clue, and now I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric,

    I know I'm late, but I tend to put all new web fiction and articles and stuff in a single mail folder, then go through that mail folder when I have nothing to do. The reason I only got here now is that this is the only podcast I listen to, and basically I don't have nearly as much time where I can listen to something than where I can read something (think lectures or moments in busy hallways), so I only catch up every now and then.

    I hope you had a nice Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
    Mennolt

    ReplyDelete

FilkCast Episode 246, April 17, 2024